Canada-PEI Job Grant
Canada Job Grant is a training program developed for employers. The Canada Job Grant provides employers with financial assistance to train new or existing employees to develop their skills that align with needs of the business. The employer determines the type of training and who will participate. At the end of the training the employee should have developed skills for a new or better job or increased their skills for their current job.
Who is eligible to participate?
If you are planning to train new or existing employees who lack the skills required in your business, we can contribute up to 2/3 of the direct training costs. You will be required to contribute the remaining 1/3 of the direct training costs.
Eligible employers include:
• Registered private sector business
• Organization acting on behalf of a group of employers (e.g. employer consortia, industry associations and sector council businesses )
• Band/tribal councils
How do I apply?
You must complete the Canada Job Grant Employer application form and submit it to your local SkillsPEI office. A Program Officer will contact you within a few days to discuss your needs.
To be approved we will need:
• Completed Canada Job Grant Employer application form;
• Brief outline of the company’s products or services and the plan, if any, for future growth;
• Detailed proposal outlining the training objectives, activities, duration and expected results;
• Detailed project budget which demonstrates your financial contribution;
• Name and details of the proposed training provider;
When is my application due?
There is no deadline for applications under the Canada Job Grant program as we accept applications on a year round basis.
How does the program work?
Once you submit your completed application package, SkillsPEI will review your application. Once you receive confirmation that your application has been approved for the Canada Job Grant program, the training activities can start.
Where can I get more information?
You can visit our website at www.skillsPEI.com, call SkillsPEI’s General Inquiries Line at 1-877-491-4766 or visit one of the SkillsPEI offices.
Delivered by the Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning and funded in whole or part through the Canada-PEI Labour Market Agreements